Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good thing no one peed in these kids' cornflakes

OK, this is just insane. This is bigger news than any upset in NCAA history. Surfing the Web this morning, a little hungover, I find this. I don't know which is more astounding, the fact that two kids who aren't even old enough to drive past 9 p.m. actually thought an Illinois-shaped Corn Flake was worth saving and selling, or that some fool payed $1,350 for it!

Monty Kerr of Austin, Texas told the Associated Press that he intended to put the item on display at a traveling museum.

"We're starting a collection of pop culture and Americana items," Kerr said. "We thought this was a fantastic one."

I don't know what this guy is putting in his Corn Flakes, but if I were to roll up in his museum and find that the main attraction was Illinois-shaped Corn Flake, I would demand a refund.

Only in America...

No comments: