Friday, June 13, 2008

UNC trio's draft status...

As I said in a previous post, based on my own instinct, North Carolina guard Ty Lawson is a sure bet to remain in he NBA draft. Guards Wayne Ellington and Danny Green aren't such clear-cut entries, however, and little has surfaced about the two since their declarations to test the water. I know that Green was injured during camp in Orlando, but his versatility is popular amoung NBA scouts. Ellington, in my opinion, has NBA written all over him, just not yet. He's not nearly a good enough defender to guard others at his position and his shots come in waves rather than consistently. That said, I can only speculate at this point, so I'll refrain from doing so. In the meantime, I'll see what I can come up with before an official announcement is made. Keep in mind that the deadline is Monday, June 16. I expect an announcement Sunday evening, based on the way that news publications, print publications specifically, work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are you hearing about Lawson, Green, and Ellington today? Coming back or staying in?