Monday, April 21, 2008

UNC trio yet to make decision public

Sporting News Radio local station 99.9 The Fan reported yesterday that national player of the year Tyler Hansbrough has yet to decide whether he wants to declare himself eligible for the 2008 NBA draft. That's according to a conversation that a representative of the station had with Hansbrough's father.

A source within the team confirmed that sophomore guards Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington have made there decision, but failed to confirm what that decision was. However, other sources close to Ellington and Lawson have both of them bolting for the NBA. Anything new, you'll find it here.

OK, back to work.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, you are really the only one that keeps having Ellington and Lawson bolting for the pros. When other more secure sources have different info. MMMMM, could this be to cover your fanny for your orignal post? We shall see.

Brian said...

So what is Ty Lawson doin' for dinner tonight Staton?

Brandon Staton said...

I heard he'll be at Squatter's...maybe you can bus his table, Brian

Anonymous said...

How confident are you in your sources? What about Hansbrough?

Anonymous said...

you're hot.

Brandon Staton said...

I'm very confident in my sources, even though logic would lead me to believe that Ellington would be crazy to leave. I feel like Hansbrough gueninely has yet to make a decision. In 2005, a couple of guys had already made their decision, but it was kept private to alleviate pressure for those undecided. I think at this point, they're doing the same for Psycho T.

I'm just goin' with my gut, though, when I say that Hansbrough's not going anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Still no decision. What do you think the hold up is?

Brandon Staton said...

I think that the hold up is that Tyler Hansbrough has yet to make a decision. That said, I really don't understand why he wouldn't declare himself eligible and not sign with an agent if he's unsure. You're allowed to do that once, and since he's a rising senior he might as well take advantage of the opportunity if that possibility is in his plans.

Withholding the decision is a way to take the pressure of one of the three. So going on what I've heard, that one is Hansbrough.

Anonymous said...

Most on the Carolina message boards are convinced all three will be back. That's the general concensus. All I know this has been a long drawn out process.

Sarah said...

bandon might be too mature to say "told ya so" but i'm not...


http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/749602.html

Anonymous said...

Brandon,

Congrats! 1 for 1 so far.